Following months of internal staff work and a series of budget work sessions, the City of Asheville will present the Manager’s proposed budget to City Council at its regularly scheduled May 24 meeting.
Throughout the development process, which included discussions of available resources, council priorities and departmental information, staff kept these guiding principles in mind:
- Delivery of Essential Services
- Ensuring departments have the resources required to meet City and community expectations.
- Enhancing customer value
- Delivering efficient service that improves the customer experience.
- Strategic alignment
- Aligning resources (new and existing) to achieve community, Council and staff goals.
The proposed recommendations are based on prior budget processes, internal staff work, available resources, and Council priorities established at the annual City Council retreat:
- Reimagining Public Safety
- Improve & Expand Core Services
- Equitable & Affordable Housing & Stability
- Houselessness Strategies
- Neighborhood Resilience
The recommended budget highlights both ongoing investments as well as new recommended investments in each of the selected priority categories.
|Proposed Budget Presentation||May 24||City Council Meeting|
|Budget Public Hearing||June 14||City Council Meeting|
|Budget Adoption||June 28||City Council Meeting|
To follow along visit the budget project page.
Find a copy of this press release on Asheville City Source.